Friday, September 19, 2014

Meatless chili?

Just dropping in to keep up my writing a bit

I went to make chili this week only to have very bad smelling ground beef
I ended up making " meatless" chili-- which believe it or not was a big hit- although I do still have some leftovers which doesn't happen a few days later- except that one batch of " brown stuff"---- sorry inside reference to faithful readers-





Something I have discovered pretty recently- if you are planning to serve frozen French fries- why not try one of the different kinds- we really like ones that have cracked black pepper-

This week I made my variation on my sister Martha's Korean stirfry -- this time I added to the stirfry veggies- two steamer bags of Asian flavored veggies - one problem- I can never seem to make enough!



But one thing there is always an abundance of white rice-
I usually end up throwing a good amount out - this time I served it as a side dish next night-- I added a good bit of margarine- pizza seasonings - seasoning salt and pepper- very tasty!

Oh and I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins



This week has flown by-- I keep wishing I would get inspired to write again but you know " if wishes were horses"

So for now I will follow the few other passions that hit me-

And as I conquer the daily grind and continue to be amazed at  God's infinite grace---- I hear in the distance the haunting seemingly meaningless news of the day

Which is most likely why my response to life is sometimes simply to cook

12 comments:

  1. No stir fry left overs at our house, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know-- but I can't even fit more in my wok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins? You caught me with the first word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I hadn't made them before - they were made from a muffin mix and I added canned pumpkin and a little milk- they were really good the next day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stir fry looks packed with delicious veggies, girl.

    Sorry about the stinky meat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that's why I got someone else to pick the meat up but hey sometimes you just can't tell until you go to cook- haha yeah seems I put more and more veggies each time I make it suze

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do I always stop by at meal time? Bad, bad me. =)

    Lynn, would you like me to pull a spare muse out of my wallet and send it your way? You'll get back to writing when the time is right. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe I should get you to do that crystal !!

      Delete
  8. We've decided to cut back on eating meat, so this meatless chili is just in time for us. :)
    Those muffins look and sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Marie -yeah I would make it again but although frank really enjoyed it he did miss the meat! The muffins were pretty good but you know what/ most if them were pushed back in the freg so far that we forgot about them - they went bad :(

    ReplyDelete